Research at Leeds Beckett
Dr Anup Chowdhury
About Dr Anup Chowdhury
Dr Anup has joined this university in 2014 and since his joining he is contributing towards the development of accounting and finance subject area as a senior lecturer. His research mainly focus on corporate finance and financial markets. Currently, he is working on the influence of macroeconomic policies on global financial markets. His works also involve market microstructure, behavioural finance, financial shocks, market integration, market behaviour of emerging economics, SME financing etc.
Dr Chowdhury started his career in Simense AG and joined in university teaching from 2007. He has worked for several universities including University of York as GTA and Leeds Beckett University as Part-time Lecturer.
Dr Anup is currently teaching various finance modules at both UG and PG level. He has taught modules like Business Finance, Corporate Finance, Advance Financial Management, International Corporate Finance, Accounting and Finance for Decision Making. He is also teaching in partner universities of Leeds Beckett University outside UK. Anup is now supervising two PhD research students.
Anup's doctoral work has involved the impact of monetary and fiscal policies on emerging stock markets. He has published several papers in international peer reviewed journals and also attended many international conferences.
His current research interest includes corporate finance, financial market, market microstructure, macroeconomic influence on stock market, merger and acquisition, financial crisis and emerging markets.
Journal articles (9)
- Uddin M; Chowdhury A; Zafar S; Shafique S; Liu J (2018), Institutional determinants of inward FDI: Evidence from Pakistan. International Business Review
View Repository Record
- Chowdhury A; Chowdhury SP (2010), Impact of capital structure on firm's value: Evidence from Bangladesh. Business and Economic Horizons, vol. 3 (3)
- Chowdhury A; Masuduzzaman M (2010), Circuit breakers: Development of testable hypothesis. Chinese Business Review, vol. 9 (8), p. 13-31.
- Thanha M; Chowdhury A; Akter A; Karim D (2010), Recurrent borrowing behavior of Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) - a comparative study. Journal of Marketing
- Chowdhury A; Barua S (2009), Rationalities of Z-category shares in Dhaka stock exchange: are they in financial distress risk?. BRAC University Journal, vol. 6 (1), p. 45-58.
- Chowdhury A; Chowdhury SP; Saman P; Haque SE (2008), Prospects and possibilities of introducing a common currency in SAARC countries. BRAC University Journal, vol. 5 (2), p. 67-79.
- Thanha M; Chowdhury A; Hossain M (2008), Shopper's attitude toward grocery retailers - a comparative study between modern grocery stores and traditional grocery stores of Dhaka City. Journal of Business Studies, XXIX, 29-41.. Journal of Business Studies(24), p. 29-41.
- Chowdhury A; Amin AM (2007), Working capital management practiced in Pharmaceutical companies in Dhaka stock. BRAC University Journal, vol. 4 (2), p. 75-86.
- Chowdhury A (2007), Determinants of managerial ownership and the link between ownership and performance; development of testable hypothesis. BRAC University Journal, vol. 4 (1), p. 63-74.
Conference contributions (7)
- Chowdhury A; Uddin M; Anderson K (2016) Liquidity and Macroeconomic Management in Emerging Markets Shanxi University, Taiyuan, China 20160623. : .
- Chowdhury A (2015) Macroeconomic influence on Stock Market: West to East Turkey 20150604. : .
- Chowdhury A; Uddin M; Anderson K (2015) Volatility spillovers and Time zone: New evidence Leeds, UK 20150208. : .
- Muecke F; Chowdhury A; Bampton R; Uddin. M (2015) Impact of macroeconomic policies on stock price: West to East Turkey 20150604. : .
- Chowdhury A (2013) Investors' behaviour and weekend effect: Evidence from an emerging market Paris 20131215. : .
- Chowdhury A; Uddin M; Keith A (2013) Day-of-the-week effect: evidence from Dhaka stock exchange The York Management School, University of York 20130613. : .
- Chowdhury A; Chowdhury SP (2009) Role of Corporate Governance in Private Commercial Banks; experiences from Bangladesh University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka . : .
Conference proceedings (peer reviewed) (2)
- Chowdhury A; Barua S (2009) Investors' Confidence Index as a Determinant of Investment in Dhaka Stock Exchange. In: International Conference on Economics, Business Management and Marketing (EBMM 2009) Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 20091009. : , pp. .
- Barua S; Chowdhury A (2009) General Characteristics and Investment Determinants in Bangladeshi Capital Market: Evidence from Dhaka Stock Exchange. In: . : , pp. .