Research at Leeds Beckett
Dr Anup Chowdhury
About Dr Anup Chowdhury
Dr Anup has joined this university in 2014 and since his joining he is contributing towards the development of accounting and finance subject area as a senior lecturer. His research mainly focus on corporate finance and financial markets. Currently, he is working on the influence of macroeconomic policies on global financial markets. His works also involve market microstructure, behavioural finance, financial shocks, market integration, market behaviour of emerging economics, SME financing etc.
Dr Chowdhury started his career in Simense AG and joined in university teaching from 2007. He has worked for several universities including University of York as GTA and Leeds Beckett University as Part-time Lecturer.
Dr Anup is currently teaching various finance modules at both UG and PG level. He has taught modules like Business Finance, Corporate Finance, Advance Financial Management, International Corporate Finance, Accounting and Finance for Decision Making. He is also teaching in partner universities of Leeds Beckett University outside UK. Anup is now supervising two PhD research students.
Anup's doctoral work has involved the impact of monetary and fiscal policies on emerging stock markets. He has published several papers in international peer reviewed journals and also attended many international conferences.
His current research interest includes corporate finance, financial market, market microstructure, macroeconomic influence on stock market, merger and acquisition, financial crisis and emerging markets.
Journal articles (9)
- Uddin M; Chowdhury A; Zafar S; Shafique S; Liu J (2018), Institutional determinants of inward FDI: Evidence from Pakistan
View Repository Record
- Chowdhury A; Chowdhury SP (2010), Impact of capital structure on firm's value: Evidence from Bangladesh
- Chowdhury A; Masuduzzaman M (2010), Circuit breakers: Development of testable hypothesis
- Thanha M; Chowdhury A; Akter A; Karim D (2010), Recurrent borrowing behavior of Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) - a comparative study
- Chowdhury A; Barua S (2009), Rationalities of Z-category shares in Dhaka stock exchange: are they in financial distress risk?
- Chowdhury A; Chowdhury SP; Saman P; Haque SE (2008), Prospects and possibilities of introducing a common currency in SAARC countries
- Thanha M; Chowdhury A; Hossain M (2008), Shopper's attitude toward grocery retailers - a comparative study between modern grocery stores and traditional grocery stores of Dhaka City. Journal of Business Studies, XXIX, 29-41.
- Chowdhury A; Amin AM (2007), Working capital management practiced in Pharmaceutical companies in Dhaka stock
- Chowdhury A (2007), Determinants of managerial ownership and the link between ownership and performance; development of testable hypothesis
Conference contributions (7)
- Chowdhury A; Uddin M; Anderson K (2016) Liquidity and Macroeconomic Management in Emerging Markets Shanxi University, Taiyuan, China 01/01/0001 00:00:00.
- Chowdhury A (2015) Macroeconomic influence on Stock Market: West to East Turkey 01/01/0001 00:00:00.
- Chowdhury A; Uddin M; Anderson K (2015) Volatility spillovers and Time zone: New evidence Leeds, UK 01/01/0001 00:00:00.
- Muecke F; Chowdhury A; Bampton R; Uddin. M (2015) Impact of macroeconomic policies on stock price: West to East Turkey 01/01/0001 00:00:00.
- Chowdhury A (2013) Investors' behaviour and weekend effect: Evidence from an emerging market Paris 01/01/0001 00:00:00.
- Chowdhury A; Uddin M; Keith A (2013) Day-of-the-week effect: evidence from Dhaka stock exchange The York Management School, University of York 01/01/0001 00:00:00.
- Chowdhury A; Chowdhury SP (2009) Role of Corporate Governance in Private Commercial Banks; experiences from Bangladesh University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka 01/01/0001 00:00:00.
Conference proceedings (peer reviewed) (2)
- Chowdhury A; Barua S (2009) Investors' Confidence Index as a Determinant of Investment in Dhaka Stock Exchange. In: International Conference on Economics, Business Management and Marketing (EBMM 2009) Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 09/10/2009 00:00:00. : , pp. .
- Barua S; Chowdhury A (2009) General Characteristics and Investment Determinants in Bangladeshi Capital Market: Evidence from Dhaka Stock Exchange. In: . : , pp. .