Dr Brian Jones
About Dr Brian Jones
Brian joined Leeds Beckett University in 2004 as Senior Lecturer in Marketing. Since joining Leeds Beckett University Brian has been engaged in teaching and lecturing, academic and applied research, funded projects (e.g. Erasmus plus) and consultancy (e.g. ERDF).
Before joining Leeds Beckett University Brian worked for the University of Durham where he contributed to and managed national and international (DfID funded) research, consultancy, training and enterprise programmes and projects surrounding the Small, Medium Enterprise sector.He previously lectured in Industrial Management at the University of Bradford and also served as a Research Officer in the area of education and skills for the British Government's Employment Department.
Brian is responsible for teaching Marketing modules and Corporate Social Responsibility modules. He supervises Undergraduate and Postgraduate dissertations and supervises PhD students.
Brian undertakes research and publishes in the area of enterprise and entrepreneurship education, social media, entrepreneurial marketing, and corporate social responsibility. He is presently working on an Erasmus plus funded project which looks at succession planning in family owned small businesses.
Journal articles (17)
- Tench R; Jones B (2015), Social Media: the Wild West of CSR Communications
View Repository Record
- Jones B; Beresford S (2014), Leeds and the Northern Arts Prize
View Repository Record
- Jones BT; Iredale N (2014), Enterprise and entrepreneurship education: towards a comparative analysis
View Repository Record
- Jones BT; Temperley J (2011), Leeds Shopping Week: a case study
- Jones BT (2011), Review Essay on "Creativity and Education Futures: learning in a digital age" by Ana Craft, Trentham Books
- Jones B (2010), Entrepreneurial marketing and the Web 2.0 interface
- Jones B; Iredale N (2010), Enterprise education as pedagogy
- Jones B (2010), Review Essay on "Learning to be a Person in Society" by Peter Jarvis, Routledge
- Jones B; Bowd R; Tench R (2009), Corporate irresponsibility and corporate social responsibility: competing realities
- Jones B; Iredale N (2009), Entrepreneurship education and Web 2.0
- Jones B; Temperley J; Lima A (2009), Corporate reputation in the era of Web 2.0: the case of Primark
- Jones B; Iredale N (2008), Case Study: International Development in Ukraine
- Jones BT (2007), Review Essay on "Thinking About Teaching and Learning" by Robert Leamnson, Stylus Publishing and Trentham Books
- Tench R; Bowd R; Jones B (2007), Perceptions and perspectives: corporate social responsibility and the media
- Jones B; Iredale N (2006), Developing an entrepreneurial life skills summer school
- Jones BT (2006), Review Essay on "Education Policy: Globalization, Citizenship and Democracy" by Mark Olssen, John Codd and Anne-Marie O'Neill, Sage publications, London
- Jones BT (2004), Review Essay on "Schooling and Equality: Fact, Concept and Policy" edited by Dave Hill and Mike Cole, Routledge-Falmer, London
- Idowu SO; Capaldi N; Zu L; Gupta AD (2013) Encyclopedia of Corporate Social Responsibility Vol. 1 A-C, pp. 1-748; Vol. 2 D-H, pp. 749-1386; Vol. 3 I-R, pp. 1387-2106; Vol. 4 S-Z, pp. 2107-2767. Springer Verlag.
- Tench R; Sun W; Jones B (2012) Corporate Social Irresponsibility: A Challenging Concept. Critical Studies on Corporate Responsibility, Governance and Sustainability Emerald Group Publishing Ltd.
- Jones B ed. (2012) Entrepreneurial Communications. Access Press UK.
- Jones BT; Temperley J (2012) Minicase 3.2 Primark - defending a reputation with social media. In: Fill C; Roper S Corporate Reputation: Brand and Communication. : Financial Times/Prentice Hall, pp. 321-324.
- Tench R; Sun W; Jones BT (2012) The Challenging Concept of Corporate Social Irresponsibility: An Introduction. In: Tench R; Sun W; Jones B Corporate Social Irresponsibility. : Emerald Group Publishing, pp. .
- Jones BT (2012) Introduction. In: Jones B Entrepreneurial Communications. : Access Press UK, pp. 8-10.
- Jones BT; James J (2011) Enterprise education: a vehicle for learning. In: Kill R; O'Rourke K Inspiring Enterprise. Leeds, UK: Leeds Met Press, pp. 118-129.
- Jones BT (2010) Corporate Social Irresponsibility: The Role of Government and Ideology. In: Sun W; Stewart J; Pollard DJ Reframing Corporate Social Responsibility. : Emerald Group Pub Limited, pp. .
Newspaper or magazine articles (3)
- Jones B (2010), Tuition fees have shown up UK's political union as unfair
- Jones B (2010), Scottish students distort the market
- Jones BT (2007), Time warp
- A Zero Hour World
- First year undergraduate students are having their eyes and ears opened to the delights of opera.
- Small Family Businesses: a key to economic resilience and sustainability
- Laying the foundations for integrated reporting in small and medium sized enterprises
- An entrepreneurial celebration at the House of Lords
- SME Internationalisation – Innovation through sharing research and practice