Research at Leeds Beckett
Dr Moade Shubita
About Dr Moade Shubita
Upon completing his PhD studies, Moade was appointed Research Associate at the University of Manchester. Later, he chaired the Accounting Department at the United Arab Emirates University.
Moade is AQM on the AACSB scale and has held the following posts at the New York Institute of Technology: Assistant Dean in Amman and Bahrain campuses; Associate Campus Dean/Acting Campus Dean in Bahrain Campus; Regional Associate Dean for the School of Management in the Middle East; and Executive Global Assessment Officer for the School of Management.
Moade has authored, co-authored, edited and peer-reviewed many publications, and his research interests lie mainly in market-based accounting research. He has gained academic experience in British, American and Middle Eastern systems and has worked in various countries.
Moade joined Leeds Beckett University on 1/9/2013 and currently he is the Principal Lecturer of Research within Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Online Research Methodology
- Intermediate Management Accounting
- Advanced Financial Management
Moade's research interest lies in Market-Based Accounting Research, including topics such as Cash Flow, Corporate Governance, Earnings Management, Audit Quality, Online Disclosure, and International Financial Reporting Standards. His previous work has been dominated by empirical studies, but has published a few review articles.
Journal articles (5)
- Shubita MFS (2015), The impact of income smoothing on earnings quality in emerging markets: Evidence from GCC markets. Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies, vol. 5 (3), p. 299-324.
View Repository Record
- Shubita MFS; Harris P; Felaifel AA (2014), Development of Payment System: Case of Central Bank in Bahrain. International Business & Economics Research Journal, vol. 13 (1)
View Repository Record
- Shubita MF (2012), Earnings manipulation in acquiring companies: An overview. Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, vol. 16 (3), p. 25-30.
- Shubita MF; Harris P; Malindretos J; Bobb LM (2011), Foreign exchange exposure:An overview. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, vol. 78
- Shubita MF; Al-Sharkas AA (2010), A study of size effect and macroeconomics factors in New York stock exchange stock returns. Applied Econometrics and International Development, vol. 10 (2), p. 137-151.