Dr Pavel Repyeuski
About Dr Pavel Repyeuski
Originally from Belarus, Pavel has worked at Leeds Law School since 2007, first as a lecturer, then as a senior lecturer in law. He teaches both, undergraduate and postgraduate students, around his specialisms in European Union law, company law, international trade and business law.
Before joining Leeds Law School, Pavel has completed a Magister Juris in European and Comparative law with Oxford University in 2002 and a PhD in law with the University of Manchester, having defended his thesis on Free Zones in the Commonwealth of Independent States: a Proposed Regulatory Model in 2009. Pavel has obtained Postgraduate Certificate of Higher Education from Leeds Beckett University in 2010 and is a Higher Education Academy Fellow.
During his time with Leeds Law School Pavel was actively involved in a range of course design and development activities and other administrative duties whilst acting as a course leader for the academic masters programs. Currently he is an academic advisor to undergraduate students on various study levels and supervises master dissertations and doctorate thesis.
- Corporate and Business Law
- International Trade Law (WTO)
- Law of the European Union
- Company Law
- Competition Law
- Foundations of European Law
- Private International Trade Law
- International Trade and Law
- Applied Corporate Law
Pavel’s research interests include European Union law and Brexit, future economic and political relationship between UK and EU, EU internal market (covering free movement of goods, people, establishment/services and capital), EU citizenship law and equal treatment, and European competition law.
Pavel is also looking into research within the law of the law of the World Trade Organisation, Private International Trade law (international sale of goods) and lex mercatoria (merchants’ law), as well as company law.
Journal articles (1)
- Repyeuski P (2015) Constitutional Pluralism in the EU, by K. Jaklic (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014, ISBN 9780198703228); xv+357pp., £60.00 hb.
- Repyeuski P (2014) European Consensus and the EU Accession to the ECHR. In: Kosta V; Skoutaris N; Tzevelekos V The EU Accession to the ECHR. : Hart Pub Limited, pp. .http://www.hartpub.co.uk/BookDetails.aspx?ISBN=9781849465236