About Graham Hibbert
Graham Hibbert is a photographer, filmmaker, designer and developer whose work primarily explores ideas of the abstract in relation to Digital Imaging.
Originally from Belfast, Graham Hibbert lives in Lancaster, and is a Senior Lecture in the Leeds School of Arts at Leeds Beckett University. He has worked as a designer since 1993 in both print and digital media, and explores ideas of abstract imaging within his photographic and moving-image work.
His programming involves online curation and archiving of digital collections, in particular the navigation through web-based systems using ideas from public transport wayfinding.
- BA (Hons) Graphic Arts and Design
Graham's current research is centred around an e-portfolio system used extensively within the School of Art Architecture and Design, specialising in an approach that focuses on user-centric design, combined with Information Architecture to create a highly engaging and relevant system.
Journal articles (1)
- Hibbert G (2017) What's in a Namehttps://sparkjournal.arts.ac.uk/index.php/spark/article/view/62
Conference contributions (7)
- Hibbert G (2017) Zen and the Art of Immutable Comments London 14/09/2017.
- Hibbert G; Truelove I (2015) Making It up as You Go Along: The Iterative Aglie Development of an Online Journaling Tool London 16/09/2015.
- Hibbert G (2013) CAGD - An In-house Developed eLearning System: What It Is, How It Was Made, and Where It's Going Dundee 20/08/2013.
- Truelove I; Hibbert G (2012) CAGD: An Integrated E-portfolio, Social-networking, Course-management and Communications Platform. University of the Arts, London. 05/09/2012.
- Hibbert G (2009) Student Media Conference, Lancaster University. Connecting with other peoples services. .
- Truelove I; Hibbert G (2008) How to walk before you know your name - Pre Second Life scaffolding for Noobs. Open University, Milton Keynes. 01/11/2008.
- Hibbert G (2008) "MUVEs for the 21st Century" .
- Hibbert G (2012) H Building
- Hibbert G (2011) The CAGD Site: An E-portfolio, Social Networking, Course Management and Reflective Journal.
- Hibbert G (2011) Lancaster Relics
- Hibbert G (2011) Coffee Nibs
- Hibbert G (2008) Researching Learning in Virtual Environments - ReLIVE08, Learning to Walk Before you Know your Name.
- Hibbert G (2007) Open Habitat
- Hibbert G (2006) JISC Users & Innovation, 'Emerge' Community of Practice.
- Hibbert G (2006) Emerge Community of Practice
- Hibbert G (2004) Creative Review/Digital Vision Remix Competition
Software / code (8)
- Hibbert G (In press) CAGD
- Hibbert G (In press) The CAGD Feedback Journal - How a Series of Incremental User Requests Led Us to Build a Reflective Assessment Tool for a Thousand of our Students.
- Hibbert G (In press) LeedsMet Sim build and support, Second Life 2006-07
- Hibbert G (In press) LeedsMet FAS sim build and support, Second Life 2006-07
- Hibbert G (In press) Emerge Sim build and facilitation, Second Life 2007.
- Hibbert G (In press) MUVENation and LLL3D Sim build and facilitation, Second Life 2009.
- Hibbert G (In press) Burning Life, Second Life
- Hibbert G (In press) Relay for Life, Second Life 2007.