Research at Leeds Beckett
About Paul Mackreth
Paul Mackreth is Course Director for post-registration Nursing and Healthcare. He also leads a post-graduate programme in his clinical field of District Nursing.
Paul moved from District Nursing practice to Leeds Becket University in 2004. He retains his professional expertise in District Nursing through teaching, research and consultancy.
The changing contexts of Nursing and Community Nursing has allowed Paul to explore other professional and non-professional roles in Nursing and Healthcare practice. This has lead to his current appointment as Course Director for post-registration Nursing and Healthcare.
- Professional development in practice
- Getting it right for adults with complex needs
- Transforming practice
- Therapeutic relationships
- Leadership, management and enterprise
Paul uses participatory learning and research methods to explore and develop District Nursing practice.
Journal articles (1)
- Casey D; Mackreth P (2007), Developing education for long-term conditions management.
- Mackreth P; hayes S (2008) Methods of Assessment. In: Mackreth P; hayes S Developing Advanced Skills in Practice Teaching. : palgrave, pp. .