Professor George Lodorfos
About Professor George Lodorfos
Professor George Lodorfos is Dean of Leeds Business School at Leeds Beckett University.
He is an electrical and electronic engineer by first degree, he holds Masters degrees in Automation and Control as well as in Innovation and Technology Management, and a PhD in Strategic Management of Research and Development. In addition, he has supervised to completion and he has examined many PhDs both in the UK and Europe and is an external examiner for two UK universities.
He has extensive practical and academic experience in the field of Strategic Management, R&D and Adoption of New Technologies and Innovation. In addition, he has done extensive research and enterprise work in the areas of buyer behaviour with particular interest in online purchasing and the use of technology to enable the sustainable growth of businesses.
Furthermore, he has done extensive research and enterprise work in the areas of Small Businesses Development and Growth.
George has thirteen years of teaching experience at all levels, in areas including, Business Strategy, Business Planning, International Business, Managing Innovation and Change, Entrepreneurship, and others.
Professor Lodorfos' research interests are in the broad thematic areas of Innovation, Enterprise and Change, and Consumer Behaviour.
Particular research themes include:
- Organisational changes in the form of mergers, acquisitions, demergers and divestments and the effect that they have on organisations' performance.
- The management of research and development in technology intensive industries.
- The factors that enable SMEs' sustainable development.
- The factors that affect consumer behaviour in the food and drinks industry.
- The focus of his research and enterprise work, and therefore the impact of his work is on how to "boost" business growth for enterprises.
Journal articles (3)
- Wu J; Lodorfos G; Dean A; Gioulmpaxiotis G (2015) The Market Performance of Socially Responsible Investment during Periods of the Economic Cycle - Illustrated Using the Case of FTSE
View Repository Record
- Lodorfos G; Kostopoulos I; Kaminakis K (2015) The impact of service delivery system effectiveness on service quality: a hierarchical approach
View Repository Record
- Kafouros M; Wang C; Lodorfos G (2009) The impact of R&D strategy and firm size on the returns to innovation
Conference proceedings (4)
- Maheshwari V; Lodorfos G; Vandewalle I; Dennis J (2012) Branding a place: a growth and development perspective. In: Academy of Marketing Conference: Marketing: catching the technology wave University of Southampton, Southampton, UK 02/07/2012 00:00:00. : , pp. .
- Boateng A; Glaister K; Uddin M; Lodorfos G (2009) Motives for UK Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions. In: British Academy of Management Conference Brighton, United Kingdom 15/09/2009 00:00:00. : , pp. .
- Lodorfos G; Dennis J; Steele KL (2009) An Investigation Into the Factors Influencing Consumers' Purchasing Decision: With Particular Focus on Confectionary. In: Academy of Marketing conference and Doctoral Colloquium Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, UK 07/07/2009 00:00:00. : , pp. .
- Lodorfos G (2008) Organic reflections: what influences consumers to purchase Organic products?. In: Academy of Marketing annual conference Aberdeen Business School, The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland 08/07/2008 00:00:00. : , pp. .