Professor George Lodorfos
About Professor George Lodorfos
Professor George Lodorfos is Dean of Leeds Business School at Leeds Beckett University.
He is an electrical and electronic engineer by first degree, he holds Masters degrees in Automation and Control as well as in Innovation and Technology Management, and a PhD in Strategic Management of Research and Development. In addition, he has supervised to completion and he has examined many PhDs both in the UK and Europe and is an external examiner for two UK universities.
He has extensive practical and academic experience in the field of Strategic Management, R&D and Adoption of New Technologies and Innovation. In addition, he has done extensive research and enterprise work in the areas of buyer behaviour with particular interest in online purchasing and the use of technology to enable the sustainable growth of businesses.
Furthermore, he has done extensive research and enterprise work in the areas of Small Businesses Development and Growth.
George has thirteen years of teaching experience at all levels, in areas including, Business Strategy, Business Planning, International Business, Managing Innovation and Change, Entrepreneurship, and others.
Professor Lodorfos's research interests are in the broad thematic areas of Innovation, Enterprise and Change and Consumer Behaviour.
Particular research themes include:
- Organisational changes in the form of mergers, acquisitions, demergers and divestments and the effect that they have on organisations' performance.
- The management of research and development in technology intensive industries.
- The factors that enable SMEs' sustainable development.
- The factors that affect consumer behaviour in the food and drinks industry.
- The focus of his research and enterprise work, and therefore the impact of his work is on how to "boost" business growth for enterprises.