Research at Leeds Beckett
About Robin Brinkworth
Robin is a Senior Lecturer of Product Design working on the BA (Hons) Product Design course in the School of Art, Architecture & Design. Teaching across all three levels, Robin also performs the roles of Level 5 Leader and Placement Year Coordinator.
With 15 years experience of design practice prior to working in education, Robin has worked on a broad range of projects within the creative sector. These include the creation of architectural and sculptural installations, interior and furniture designs for retail and leisure as well as product design solutions.
Robin draws on a growing network of collaborators from within the School of Art, Architecture and Design, the wider university and Industrial Partner Organisations to connect students with industry. This includes the organisation of design competitions, exhibitions and industry networking events to enhance teaching and learning.
His recent personal practice includes design projects for global leaders in packaging manufacture as well as funded research collaborations with The Retail Institute and The Centre for Learning & Teaching within Leeds Beckett University.
Robin also provides representation for the Product Design course on the 3D Workshop Working Group and is an active member of the Design Research Group.
Robin’s research seeks to find new and engaging ways to explore and disseminate information relating to the use of materials and production processes within design.
- Brinkworth RH (2016), Project Office / New Wortley Community Centre.
- Brinkworth RH (2014), Faraday Centre for Retail Excellence / Huhtamaki UK Ltd (June 2014)..
- Brinkworth RH (In press), New Designers Exhibition, Business Design Centre, London.
- Brinkworth RH (In press), Premier Farnell Technology Challenge.
- Brinkworth RH (In press), The Retail Institute Industry Event.
- Brinkworth RH (In press), Premier Farnell Wearable Technology Challenge.
- du Feu A; Brinkworth R; Esteva E (2014) Integrated Cup and Lid. . Huhtamaki.