About Wendy Altinors
Wendy has taught English in Turkey, Japan, Ecuador and the UK in many different contexts including Further and Higher Education and has been a teacher trainer for over 20 years. Wendy's previous employment in Further Education spanned EFL and ESOL and she was an Advanced Practitioner with a cross-college role of mentoring, sharing good practice and in-house training across ESOL, Modern Foreign Languages and EFL.
Wendy has previously developed and led on teacher training programmes such as Cambridge Level 4 Certificate in Further Education Teaching Stage 3 Certificate for ESOL Subject Specialists with the DELTA extension module in partnership with Dewsbury College.
Wendy has been Course Leader for the International Foundation Year programme since 2007 and a Cambridge CELTA and DELTA teacher trainer for many years. She also taught EFL on the undergraduate Languages Degree and has supervised level 6 and level 7 students with their dissertations.
- Course Leader International Foundation Year
- Module Leader Fundamentals of Maths
- Module Leader Researching Contemporary Britain
- Module Leader Degree Subject Module
- Teaching on English Skills (English for Academic Purposes)
- Teaching on MA ELT Modules Developing Professional Practice (DELTA Module 2) and ELT Specialism (DELTA Module 3)
- MA ELT Dissertation Supervision
Wendy is currently studying a PhD in the interdisciplinary areas of Cultural History and Migration Studies examining the concept of integration through the perceptions and life stories of Turkish immigrants in Germany from 1961 to the present day.