Postgraduate research fees and finance
Studying for a postgraduate research degree at Leeds Beckett University is a rewarding experience which will require dedication as well as financial investment. The fees you will pay during your studies will cover costs associated with teaching, examinations and assessment. To help you understand postgraduate research fees as easily as possible and enable you to begin your journey into postgraduate research, this page will break down related costs and funding sources.
Research degree fees at Leeds Beckett University for the academic year 2021/22 are:
Home (UK/EU) applicants:
- Full-time - £4,500
- Part-time - £2,250
- Writing-up fee - £500
- Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) - £5,500
- Doctor of Education (EdD) - £2,250
- Doctor of Professional Practice in Sport (DProf Sport) - £3,500
- Professional Doctorate in Creative Arts (DCA) - £4,500
- Research By Published Works - £2,250 (open only to university staff and alumni).
International (Non-EU) Applicants
- Full-time - £14,000
- Part-time - £7,000
- Writing-up fee - £500
- Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) - £7,000
- Doctor of Education (EdD) - £7,000
- Doctor of Professional Practice in Sport (DProf Sport) - £7,000
- Professional Doctorate in Creative Arts (DCA) - £7,500
- Research By Published Works - £7,000 (open only to university staff and alumni).
When am i required to pay?
Payment is annual and paid in advance. The fees above apply for one year from enrolment. Fees for subsequent years are charged at the current rate. (Fees may increase and the university reserves the right to alter the level of fee.)
What do my fees cover?
Your fee includes access to supervision and academic specialists as well as 24/7 access to academic resources. You will also be able to make use of a comprehensive range of training designed to support you with your research, ensuring you progress successfully through your studies and are equipped for your future career.
Leeds Beckett offer a number of scholarships and bursaries. You can apply for these in April and May each year.
In addition to our university scholarships, we are an approved destination for the Brazilian government scholarship programme, Science Without Borders. This scholarship provides funding for PhD's science, technology, engineering, mathematics and the creative industries.