I enjoyed studying on a close-knit, practical course

Alumni spotlight | Molly Havard, 2022

Molly at graduation

BSc (Hons) Physical Activity, Exercise and Health graduate, Molly Havard attended the Leeds Beckett 2022 Graduation Ceremony and shares with us her experience studying at Leeds Beckett and what her favourite part of her course was.

How was your Graduation Ceremony?

I really loved the ceremony, it’s been really fun seeing everyone again and celebrating with my family.

What’s next for you now after Graduation?

I am not too sure yet but I think I definitely want a year away from education or work. I want to have a year out and maybe travel!

Why did you choose to study Physical Activity, Exercise and Health at Leeds Beckett?

I came to Leeds Beckett because it has a really good reputation, I am only from Sheffield and everyone around the Yorkshire area knows it’s a good university. I did, however originally start on the criminology course, it wasn’t the right course for me, but I loved the university and already had met some good friends. I knew I wanted to be at Leeds Beckett but not on that course.

I have always been interested in Physical Activity so I swapped after the first year on to the BSc (Hons) Physical Activity, Exercise and Health course and didn’t look back!

What was your favourite part of your course and why?

My favourite part was how small the course was, so we knew everyone and we were a close-knit group and had all the same seminars and lectures, which is unlike other courses. I loved how active the course was too, we did a lot of physical seminars rather than just sitting in front of a PowerPoint.

What advice would you give to someone thinking of studying your course?

I’d say just go for it, chuck yourself in the deep end and if there are any opportunities to do anything extra, always do it. The extra stuff really benefits you too and it does end up being really fun! For example on the residential, just let go and really enjoy yourself. I also got the chance to go into schools and work with some kids which was really rewarding.

What will your story be?

Studying with us is a great choice, check out some of our courses and see for yourself!