I am thrilled to share my experience of the incredible opportunity I had to work a Coldplay concert held at Manchester’s iconic Etihad Stadium.

It was an experience that truly solidified my passion for events management and left an indelible mark on my professional journey.

As an events management student at Leeds Beckett University, this opportunity allowed me to apply my theoretical knowledge to a real-world scenario, enhancing my skills and expanding my horizons within the industry.

Working backstage and being responsible for tasks such as pass checking and security gave me invaluable insights into the meticulous planning and execution required for a successful event.

A photo of Coldplay's concert at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester from the crowd, showing the scale of attendees and the stage where the band are performing.

One of the highlights of my experience was having the privilege of interacting with the immensely talented Chris Martin and his band members. Engaging in conversations and witnessing their dedication and artistry first hand was awe-inspiring.

It reinforced my belief in the transformative power of events and the ability to create memorable experiences that leave a lasting impact on both performers and attendees alike.

I am hugely grateful to the teams for entrusting me with such crucial responsibilities and providing me with an environment where I could learn, grow, and contribute to the success of this remarkable event.

Their professionalism, attention to detail, and commitment to excellence served as an exemplary model for my future endeavours in the events management field.

Jessica Delph and another crew member take a selfie backstage while wearing hi-vis PPE.

I am now more motivated than ever to channel my passion and expertise into creating extraordinary experiences for diverse audiences.

I am actively seeking new opportunities in events management where I can contribute my skills, creativity, and drive for excellence.

I would also like to express my sincere gratitude to Leeds Beckett University for equipping me with a comprehensive understanding of events management and providing me with a supportive academic environment.

The knowledge and guidance I have received have been instrumental in shaping my career aspirations and helping me achieve remarkable milestones like this one.”

Visit our website to find out more about the School of Events, Tourism and Hospitality Management.

The UK Centre for Events Management (UKCEM) regularly welcome guest speakers to enhance the industry perspective alongside our experienced staff. This opportunity was one of a number shared following a guest visit by UKCEM alumni Liam Fox and Total Event Solutions.