This unique partnership has provided cutting edge advice to our students as they prepare to transition into industry.  By assessing the complex needs of event businesses and their vacancies, Live Recruitment has helped our students gain graduate roles and launch their careers.

Laura Sidhu, who graduated from the Events Management degree in 2014 and is now a Senior Account Manager and Team Lead at Live Recruitment said, “For me to be able to provide support to final year students means a lot and it’s something that I’m really enjoying being a part of.  The Events Management course at Leeds Beckett’s UK Centre for Events Management is so dynamic and the partnership will hopefully be a long-lasting relationship moving forward.”

Speaking about the partnership, Dr Lucy Laville, Course Director says: ‘We could not be more delighted and grateful with how colleagues at Live Recruitment have supported our students. The partnership has really expanded the knowledge and understanding of different roles and career prospects for our students. The attention that students have received from Live Recruitment has really helped them to be confident and aim high in the exciting and dynamic events industry.  We are already seeing the benefits as students are gaining high paid graduate jobs before they graduate.”

In addition to this support, Live Recruitment awarded the inaugural Live Recruitment Student Prize to the student deemed to have gained the most valuable and varied career enhancing work experience during their studies.

The recipient of this year’s prize Oliver Sharp said: ‘I'm delighted to be the winner of the Live Recruitment Award. It's really rewarding to be acknowledged as having worked hard during my degree to develop my professional skills and networks. I've always worked part time, often full time, during my degree as I've built a freelance business for myself that is flexible and very enjoyable. I've travelled across the UK and abroad as a lighting designer, technician and event producer working on live events in a range of venues from the iconic arenas to outdoor festivals. The support of tutors and Laura from Live Recruitment during my final year has really expanded my interests and career prospects. The partnership with Live Recruitment and the support from the UK Centre for Events Management really helps students to be confident and aim high in their future career.”

To find out more about Live Recruitment visit their website.

Visit the UK Centre for Events Management for further information about the opportunities available to our students.

Dr Lucy Laville

Course Director / School Of Events, Tourism And Hospitality Management

An experienced Senior Lecturer with 15 years industry experience, Lucy has developed and run courses, led periodic reviews and won awards for her role as Course Leader. She is also actively researching the value of mentoring and networking for new professions, and embedding her research into teaching.