Professor Neelu Seetaram
Professor Neelu Seetaram is an economist specialising in the study of the tourism and airline industries. She publishes in world leading journals and serves on the editorial boards of prestigious journals such as the Journal of Research and Tourism Economics.
Prior to joining Leeds Beckett University, Neelu has worked at Bournemouth University, Monash University, Australia and the University of Mauritius. She has also acted as a research consultant for Price Water house Coopers, UNICEF (Mauritius) and worked on UNESCO funded projects in Mauritius.
Neelu regularly publishes in world leading journals and has co-edited two successful books. She serves on the editorial boards of prestigious academic journals such as the Journal of Research and Tourism Economics. She is an elected council member of the Association for Tourism Economics and a member of the German Aviation Research Society. She acts as an adviser for European Aviation Conference.
She specialises in the study of tourism demand. She has written seminal articles on the effect of migration on tourism. Her current research focuses on the effect of taxation on tourism demand. Her research interest include tourism development and poverty reduction.
Tourism Demand, Development and Taxation
Journal articles (18)
- Massidda C; Piras R; Seetaram N (2020) A Microeconomics Analysis of the Per Diem Expenditure of British Travellers
- Petit S; Seetaram N (2019) Measuring the Effect of Revealed Cultural Preferences on Tourism Exports
- Song H; Seetaram N; Ye S (2019) The effect of tourism taxation on tourists' budget allocation
- Seetaram N; Song H; Ye S; Page S (2018) Estimating willingness to pay air passenger duty
- Njoya ET; Seetaram N (2018) Tourism Contribution to Poverty Alleviation in Kenya: A Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium Analysis
- Seetaram N (2016) Special focus: Economics of tourism and transport: Introduction
- Seetaram N; Forsyth P; Dwyer L (2016) Measuring price elasticities of demand for outbound tourism using competitiveness indices
- Seetaram N; Song H; Page SJ (2014) Air Passenger Duty and Outbound Tourism Demand from the United Kingdom
- Dwyer L; Seetaram N; Forsyth P; King B (2014) Is the migration-tourism relationship only about VFR?
- Seetaram N (2012) Immigration and international inbound tourism: Empirical evidence from Australia
- Forsyth P; Dwyer L; Seetaram N; King B (2012) Measuring the economic impact of migration-induced tourism
- Seetaram N (2012) Estimating demand elasticities for Australia's international outbound tourism
- Blake A; Sahli M; Seetaram N (2012) Special issue: Developments in the field of tourism economics: Introduction
- Seetaram N (2010) Use of dynamic panel cointegration approach to model international arrivals to australia
- Seetaram N (2010) Computing airfare elasticities or opening Pandora's box
- Seetaram N; Dwyer L (2009) Immigration and tourism demand in Australia: A panel data analysis
- Seetaram N (2008) First International Conference of the International Association for Tourism Economics
- Seetaram N (2007) 5th National Conference on Tourism Futures: "21st Century Response to 21st Century Reality"