About Ursula Philpot
Ursula is a freelance consultant dietitian and senior lecturer in nutrition and dietetics, providing specialist nutritional consultancy to the media, companies and individuals. She has extensive experience in NHS settings, specialist eating disorder services and runs her own private practice.
Ursula has a specialist interest in eating disorders, disordered eating, family health, mental health and all types of weight management.
Ursula is passionate about communicating the role of good nutrition for health and well-being and has been involved in a variety of projects with publishers, newspapers, journals, TV production companies, charities and NHS trusts. Featuring regularly on BBC radio and television news.
Specialising in producing guidelines, pathways and consensus statement within the area of eating disorders and mental health.
Teaching modules for Dietetics and Nutrition- various including (majority level 5/7):
- Behaviour Change skills
- Mental Health
- Eating disorders
- Module lead for: Lifestyle Disease and Social context (level 7)
- Enterprise and Public Health Nutrition
- Practice Placement Liaison
- Short course development and delivery including eating disorders, and behaviour change
Currently researching the link between nutrition and chronic pain Guided Self Help for Eating disorders- on going research into the use of modalities and settings Eating disorders and MDT approaches.
Journal articles (1)
- Philpot U (2013), Eating disorders in young people with diabetes: Development, diagnosis and management
- Hill AJ; Heywood-Everett, S; Philpot U (2013) Eating Disorders: Bulimia Nervosa. In: Encyclopedia of Human Nutrition. : Elsevier, pp. 126-131.
- Philpot U (2011) Mental health. In: Payne A; Barker HM Advancing Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition. : Elsevier Health Sciences, pp. .
- Philpot U (2007) Mental Illness. In: Thomas B; Bishop J Manual of Dietetic Practice. : Wiley-Blackwell, pp. .
Conference proceedings (1)
- Cockfield A; Philpot U (2009) Managing anorexia from a dietitian's perspective. In: . : Cambridge University Press (CUP), pp. 281-288.
- Garrett A; Aronson L; Philpot U; Cockfield A; Hoyle A (2006), A BRIEFING PAPER FOR DIETITIANS WORKING WITH PATIENTS WITH EATING DISORDERS