Research at Leeds Beckett
About Valerie Fletcher
Valerie is a Doctorate Candidate, works as a Psychological Therapies and Mental Health Lecturer in the Department of Health and Community Studies and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA). She is also a practising, Accredited (BACP) Counsellor and Psychotherapist with a private practise.
As a full time lecturer Valerie teaches on the Counselling Diploma, Certificate and Mental Health BSc in Counselling and Mental Health andI also has experience of teaching Further Education, (Special Needs) Schools and HM Prisons. She runs a Private Psychotherapy Practice and worked as a Psychological Therapist/ Counsellor in IAPT (NHS), Mind (New), Mosaic 2 (working with survivors of sexual abuse in childhood) and Bereavement Support.
Previous careers include being qualified as a nurse and setting up and managing a drop-in Psychological Health Centre in a HM Prison.
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Counselling and Interpersonal Skills
- BSc Counselling and Mental Health
- Therapists Views of Evidence Based Practice
- Reviewing the views on the NICE Guidelines and the effect these have on therapists working in all modalities of Psychotherapy
- Commencing research into working therapeutically with complexity
Conference contributions (1)
- Fletcher V (2019) Therapists' Views on the Evidence-based Guidelines for the Treatment of Depression in Adults Belfast 20190517. : .