After a pause in the project last year, the ongoing refurbishment of the Sheila Silver Library at City Campus is now underway again!
This year focuses on the ground floor. The layout will be improved to allow for better arrangement of study space and service desks. This will include the creation of a reception desk at the entrance to enable us to assist visitors coming into the Library, and a new advice point area providing Student IT support and library advice.
Additionally, the carpet, paint, and furniture will be refreshed, improving the look of the ground floor significantly!
The Library will remain open and operational throughout the project, and parts of the ground floor will always remain accessible. However, the location of some services, for example self-issue and return, may change at different stages of the project—please look for signs if you are visiting, or check our Webpage and FAQs.
From 29 May, you can find:
- Self-issue and return of books: ground floor
- Holds (requested books) pickup: second floor, just outside the central print hub area (LS236)
- Campus Card kiosks for topping up printing accounts: ground floor
- Laptop lockers: ground floor
- Student IT support and library advice: second floor (in the central print hub area)
- Media Equipment and Staff IT Support: ground floor
The work will be completed in 5-6 weeks, in time for Graduation (16-20 July).
Stay tuned for details about the project, and about the similar refurbishment of the ground floor at the Headingley Campus Library later this summer!