Accessing support from Student Advice

Page last updated:
17 Sep 2023

If you need support but you're not sure where to go, your Student Advice team are here to help. We are an essential part of your Student Support Network and are dedicated to ensuring you are able to access the advice and support you need, when you need it most.

Your Student Advice team

Frontline support and Student Services Officers
Our friendly and knowledgeable Officers will greet you as you walk into the Student Services Centre and will be able to assist you with any queries you may have while at university. Whatever the question, our Officers will either have the answer or can help put you in touch with someone who does. We can help you access specialist support from other teams in Student Services, including Student Money, Disability Advice and Student Wellbeing.

Student Advice can also help in the practical elements of university. Our Officers will produce your first campus card and assist you in replacing your campus card if needed throughout your time at Leeds Beckett. They can provide Confirmation of Enrolment and Bank Letters for our current students and full or partial transcripts for our graduates and fully enrolled students.
Appointments and Student LIFE Advisers
Our Student Life Advisers are here to assist you when you need specific advice relating to your circumstances and how they may be affecting your time at university. Our Advisers are trained colleagues who run appointments to help you access your internal and external support options while at university. Our Advisers can provide information relating to course changes, suspensions, academic support and information on how to access specialist support teams in the university such as Student Money, SIAC (Student Immigration Advice and Compliance), Disability Advice and Student Wellbeing.

You can talk to us about any issues that may be affecting your time at university. To book an appointment with an adviser contact- and include your name, Student ID Number and brief overview of what you would like to discuss.

Who we are

  1. Head of Student Life

    Kathryn Hassell

  2. Campus Coordinators

    • Alex Batty - Student Life Coordinator (Advice & Support Report Respect)
    • Nate Gall - Student Life Coordinator (Induction and Experience)

  3. Student Life Advisers

    • Adam Gulley
    • Sarah Baker
    • Beth Pringle

  4. Student Services Officers

    • Chloe Newcombe
    • Siani Lees
    • Jenny Clarke
    • Chris Reeder

  5. Get in touch

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)


Student Advice is located in our Student Services Centres

  • Leslie Silver Building (City Campus)
  • Priestley Building (Headingley Campus)

You can also contact the team via phone, email, live chat and social media (Instagram and Twitter):


We want to ensure you have the best possible student experience, but sometimes things can get in the way of that. If anything is affecting your time at university our Student Life Advisers are here to help.

You can book an appointment to talk through your circumstances by emailing your name, ID and an overview of what you would like to discuss to


Student Advice can support you in getting your first campus card (often referred to as your Student ID Card) as well as any replacements you might need during your studies. For more information, visit our Campus Card web page.


Student Advice can produce a Confirmation of Enrolment letter for you. This verifies your official student status and details who you are, which course you’re studying, when you commenced your studies and what year you are expected to graduate. Visit our Official Letters web page for further information.


Yes. Student Advice can provide you with a bank letter that proves your student status. The letter is addressed specifically to the bank of your choice and contains some of your personal details, including term-time and permanent address, the course you are studying and your expected graduation date.

If you are a UK or EU student, you can request a Confirmation of Enrolment which will prove your student status.

Please note, it is essential you check your registered address is up-to-date before requesting a letter.

Visit our Official Letters web page for further information.


Transcripts list the modules you completed at our university, the number of credits each module is worth and the mark you received for the module. If you are applying for a job or further study or you’re applying to live and work in a different country, you may be asked to provide a copy of your transcript as part of your application. Please visit our Online Store to request your transcript.

For more information, visit our Transcripts web page.


Council Tax Exemption Certificates are available to download via Online Welcome once you’ve enrolled and teaching has started for your course. To be eligible for an exemption letter, students must be registered on a full-time course that lasts at least one year and involves at least 21 hours’ study per week.

For all other queries relating to Council Tax, please contact


You can find a doctor by using the NHS GP finder service. Enter your postcode and it will show the nearest doctor’s surgery. Each surgery will have their contact details and opening hours available, please visit the individual site to find instructions on how to register.

If you’re an international student and need some further help you can watch the following video: How to Register with a Doctor: Student Advice - YouTube

Contact Student Advice

We are located in the Student Services Centres in the Leslie Silver building (City Campus) and Priestley Hall (Headingley Campus). Our opening times are:- Monday: 09.00 – 17.00 Tuesday: 10.00 – 17.00 Wednesday: 09.00 – 17.00 Thursday: 09.00 – 17.00 Friday: 09.00 – 16.30. If you have any questions in relation to your enrolment or Online Welcome system, please contact

Looking for something else?

There's lots of helpful advice and guidance on our student information pages. Try searching if you know what you're looking for or if you're not sure where to go, you can browse our A-Z.