As an assessed part of their Professional Event Practice 2 module, a team of eight second year Events Management students, supported by 20 additional events student volunteers, provided full attendee event management provision for Launchpad, the largest music industry conference in Yorkshire. 

The event, hosted at Leeds School of Arts on 1st March 2024, attracted over 300 delegates. It included a line-up of high-profile speakers, including Tom Kiehl (chair of UK Music), Nathan Clark (Brudenell Social Club) and over 40 other leaders in the music industry. Working as a team, the students managed a seamless registration, lunch and networking drinks, plus full venue management throughout. The event organisers were full of praise for our students preparation skills, calmness and excellent customer service throughout the event.

Second year events management student and Team Leader Juliet Phoenix said “It was an amazing experience to be able to deliver this event from the insight of an Event Manager. Throughout I have gained a real insight into the event operations and production, and I found it extremely rewarding to see the event run so smoothly. I would like to say a huge thank you to all our volunteers who played a vital role in stewarding, signposting and helping attendees to find their way around the event, it has been another great insight to what the future may hold within the events industry! I’m excited to bring all the skills I have learnt during this event (and previous events) to my Placement Year starting in July.”

Visit our website to find out more about our Events Management courses and the practical opportunities available to our students.