My name is Danny and I’m a registered Performance Nutritionist. I know the difficulties that students experience in trying to get their foot through the door after finishing their studies. I was more than happy to offer some work experience to students at Leeds Beckett who demonstrated a keen interest in sports nutrition.

As a SENr high-performance practitioner, I have experience working with athletes who compete at the highest level in a variety of sports including professional football, rugby, table tennis, golf, boxing and triathlon. I am also self-employed so have many skills and experiences that I can share with students to guide them in choosing the right path for their futures. 

I like to give students the unique opportunity to see what a typical day is like in the life of a self-employed sports nutritionist and give them a variety of real-life tasks and challenges that I face each day. This ranges from observing consultations and workshops, analysing food diaries, creating meal plans, designing infographics and other suitable handout materials and reading key sport-specific research papers to discuss how the science can be applied into practice. When the opportunity arises, students will also be invited to support me with undertaking some in-person nutrition consultancy and physiological testing.

It’s a pleasure to partner with Leeds Beckett University so if you’re a sports science student looking to pursue a career in sports nutrition then talk to your course tutor to see if this is a suitable placement option for you.