What is a KTP?
The KTP with Leeds Beckett has exceeded our expectations. The comprehensive work plan clearly defined the project outputs, for each stage, and the quality and scale of the outputs and how these have been effectively implemented and positively impacted our business have exceeded expectation.Clare Campbell, Principle Healthcare
A Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) is a government-funded programme to help businesses develop and gain a competitive advantage with the help of UK universities. Each KTP creates a unique partnership between a business, the university and a highly skilled graduate to deliver a strategic innovation project.
A KTP can be used to:
- Introduce new technology
- Develop and launch new products
- Enter new markets
- Develop more efficient ways of working
Management Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (mKTPs)
Introducing a new kind of KTP, designed to expand management capability and transform business performance
Innovate UK has introduced a new programme designed to inject significant management expertise that expands business capability, increases efficiency and enables lasting change and growth.
The initiative branded specifically as Management Knowledge Transfer Partnership (mKTP), runs alongside the already highly successful Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme, which has been helping companies innovate and grow for over 40 years.
What are Management KTPs?
mKTPs deliver key, strategic management-based projects to increase business effectiveness via collaboration with the UK’s outstanding Business Schools.
Just like our highly effective KTP programme, Management KTPs (mKTPs) create a dynamic 3-way partnership between your company, a team of academic experts and a skilled graduate. The focus of a mKTP is specifically on driving effectiveness through better management practices.
mKTPs aim to deliver transformational productivity improvement, identifying key, strategic management-based projects to increase business effectiveness.
mKTP key benefits:
- Increase management capability
- Up-skill staff and improve productivity
- Access to Innovate UK funding
- Access high-calibre graduates
Partnering with Leeds Business School at Leeds Beckett, enables access to a variety of significant expertise in:
- Productivity, Innovation, Operations, Supply Chain Management
- HR, Management & Leadership and Coaching & Organisational Development
- Business Administration, Emotional Engagement & Leadership, Corporate Governance
- Environment and Social Sustainability
- Sales & Marketing
Who could benefit from a mKTP?
- Growth-oriented SMEs, eager to build and execute their ambitious management strategy by introducing better management practices.
- Businesses seeking significant productivity gains, recognising that good management and leadership can help deliver this.
- Organisations looking to up-skill their people and make step-change improvements in productivity by deploying industry-leading practices and innovation processes.
Why engage with Leeds Business School?
The expertise held within Leeds Business School at Leeds Beckett University, offers a wealth of knowledge to support the development of your business. Areas of specialism include:
- The Sustainable Business Research Centre, SuBRI harnessing the skills and capabilities of Leeds Beckett University academics in business and related disciplines to understand, explain and challenge the future issues facing all commercial organisations.
- The Retail Institute which is at the forefront of innovation in the sector, applying academic knowledge to solve industry challenges in consumer engagement with products, packaging and retail services.
- Productivity and management of performance (led by Professor Devins and Dr O. Jones) focusing on locally oriented enterprise agendas and initiatives.
- Strategic communication (led by Professor Tench) covering research into organisational use of strategic communication for public and private sector organisations as well as exploring the role and impact of communication on societal issues such as health, sustainability and responsibility.
By enabling Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and larger companies to activate proven productivity and growth initiatives - such as benchmarking, application of digital tools, and advanced people skills - the mKTP delivers new capability as part of a comprehensive leadership and management strategy.
The result? SMEs can sustainably scale-up and grow; and larger companies can incorporate better business processes to improve productivity.