Leeds Beckett University - City Campus,
- BUSINESS SERVICES
- Develop your business
- Develop your people
- Access new talent and skills
- Use our spaces and facilities
- Connect with us
- Our work in the region
The Employment Hub
Helping local businesses in Calderdale to create apprenticeships, jobs and work experience opportunities – and helping people in the region apply for jobs, training and apprenticeships.
Supporting the employability needs of people and businesses across Calderdale. The Employment Hub is helping local businesses in Calderdale to create apprenticeships, jobs and work experience opportunities – and helping people in the region apply for jobs, training and apprenticeships.
We are working in partnership with Calderdale Council to deliver this employability project. It aims to help more people into work, training or apprenticeships.
We can help your business:
- Find new employees through the Employment Hub talent matching service
- Access support for employees who are at risk of, or facing, redundancy
- Access support to hire a new apprentice. We can talk you through the process of taking on your first apprentice and help you find a suitable candidate. We can also advise you
- On finding a suitable training provider and funding
- Get support to up-skill existing staff. We can help you build a stronger workforce by helping them gain skills that match your business needs
- Apply to the Kickstart scheme. The scheme provides funding to employers to create new six-month job placements for young people who are currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment
The team is also working with people across all communities in Calderdale to help them:
- Identify and discuss their skills, strengths and experience
- Search for and find jobs and work opportunities
- Develop strong CVs and application forms
- Prepare for interviews and the work environment
We work in schools and community groups, providing:
- Employability talks about career options
- Mock interviews
- Group workshops discussing the best ways to search for a job, identify skills or prepare a CV
The project is part-funded by the European Social Fund, with support from the Leeds Enterprise Partnership.
For businesses, taking part in the project will give you access to expertise and information to help you develop, recruit and employ the right skills and experience into your business.
As an individual, we can provide:
- An increased awareness of your career options and job opportunities
- Information and support in identifying your skills and experience
- Support to help you search for jobs, prepare CVs and application forms
- Increased confidence
The Employment Hub project runs from January 2019 to March 2023, and is free to both clients and businesses.
For more information, email us at email@example.com and a member of the team will be in touch.