Research at Leeds Beckett
Dr Alfred Chinta
About Dr Alfred Chinta
An experienced academic with background in production management and grounded in consultancy within manufacturing networks from a regional perspective. Has supervised several doctoral students, managed several enterprise and commercial projects and has taught globally in UK, Asia and Africa.
Has 4 years experience in manufacturing management where he was responsible for 200 employees producing variety of different fuel injection equipment. Has knowledge of technology use in manufacturing & supply chain planning which was his area of research on his PhD and worked on three ERDF projects, one EPSRC and British council project.
Has delivered several consultancy projects for Retail institute, Manages an MSc course in supply chain management, delivers training to SMES on regional projects. Researches sustainability among procurement and logistics professionals in regional businesses.
Teaching on following courses:
- MSc Supply Chain Management
- MSc Management
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Operations and Supply chain management
- Study of planning processes in medium sized businesses
- Impact of Omni-channel retailing on supply chains
- New research gives innovation boost to farming in UK and India
- Computing, Creative Technologies & Engineering November Good News