Research at Leeds Beckett
Dr Niki Kyriakidou
About Dr Niki Kyriakidou
Dr Niki Kyriakidou is a Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management. She is also the PhD Programme Leader and the Research Training Coordinator for Leeds Business School.
Niki has more than 15 years of academic experience having developed and delivered a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and professional courses. She also has broad supervisory and examination experience specifically on doctoral level. Niki has extensive experience in European funded research programmes, collaborating effectively with academic, professional and government institutions at an international level.
Niki holds a BA Hons in Political Sciences and Public Administration from the University of Athens and has obtained a Masters and PhD in Human Resource Management from the University of Leeds. She holds the Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education from our institution, is a senior fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy, a member of the British Academy of Management and an Academic Fellow in CIPD.
She is also the Research Chair of the International Human Resource Management research Committee of the European and Mediterranean Business Institute. Niki is a reviewer in many international journals in the area of business, management and education and sits in the editorial team of the International Journal of Organisational Analysis.
Niki has extensive experience in developing courses and teaching at undergraduate, postgraduate and professional level, including People Resourcing and Talent Management, Cross Cultural Management, Strategic HRM, Leadership and Change and Research Methods amongst others. She is currently involved in doctoral supervision mainly in the areas of Cross Cultural Management, International HRD, diversity, career development, skills and employability. She is also delivering various workshops as part of the University Research Training programme and executive training through the Leadership centre.
Niki’s research interests revolve around Graduate employment, Intercultural Leadership, Human Resource Development, Cross Cultural Management, Career Development and Soft Skills.
Current research experience lies in:
- cross cultural management and European Leadership projects (Erasmus + funded projects)
- publications in academic journals and CIPD on work based learning and development, cross cultural management, graduate employment and skills development need in the Northern European countries.
Journal articles (5)
- Lampadarios E; Kyriakidou N; Smith G (2017), Towards a new framework for SMEs success: a literature review
View Repository Record
- Younes A; Stewart J; Kyriakidou N (2014), MTDP needs assessment in Libya. A case of international and joint venture organisation
View Repository Record
- Younes A; Kyriakidou N; Stewart J (2013), MTDPNA in non-Oil International Organisations in Libyan Post Crisis
View Repository Record
- Stavros A; Themistoklis G; Niki K; George G; Aristidis A (2012), The validation of international consultation on incontinence questionnaires in the Greek language
- Nachmias S; Kyriakidou N (2008), Critical Issues in Golf Tourism Development in Greece
- Kyriakidou N (2006) International Reflections on Education and Business. ATINER.
- Kyriakidou N; Halliday S; Nachmias S; Kyriakidou N (2015) Work-Based Learning as an Integrated Curriculum: Enhancing Graduate Employability in a Changing Higher Education Landscape?. In: Vrontis D; Tsoukatos E; Maizza A Innovative Management Perspectives on Confronting Contemporary Challenges. Lady Stephenson Library, Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, pp. 172-196.
- Kyriakidou N; Bobade A; Nachmias S (2015) Conceptual Review of the Role of Self-Help Groups (SHGs) in Women Entrepreneurship: The Case of Shri Mahila Griha Udyog Lijjat Papad (SMGULP. In: De-Sevilla H; Costea C Women's Voices in Management: Identifying Innovative and Responsible Solutions. : , pp. .
- Iles P (2013) Managing HRM in the Middle East & Mediterranean Region. In: Iles P; Zhang C International and Comparative Human Resource Management. : CIPD, pp. .
- Zhang C; Kyriakidou N; Chesley D (2012) Learning Theories and Principles. In: Gold J; Stewart J; Holden R; Beardwell J Human Resource Development. : Palgrave, Mc Millan, pp. .
- Holden R; Kyriakidou N; Nisa S; Zhang C (2012) Graduates and Graduate Employment. In: Gold J; Stewart J; Holden R; Beardwell J Human Resource Development. : Palgrave, Mc Millan, pp. .
- Kyriakidou N; Zhang C; Mahtab N (2012) Cross-cultural HRD and the Impact of National Cultures. In: Gold J; Stewart J; Holden R; Beardwell J Human Resource Development. : Palgrave, Mc Millan, pp. .
- Zhang C (2011) Learning and Training: Principle and Practice. In: Rose E; et al. CIPD Organisational Behaviour. : CIPD, pp. .
- Kyriakidou N (2010) Exploring the Impacts of Foreign Labour Force in the Hotel Industry of Cyprus. In: Challenges and Prospects in Tourism Research. : , pp. .
- Griggs VM; Gold J; Holden R; Kyriakidou N (2010) Workplace Learning and Knowledge Management. In: Human Resource Development Theory and Practice. : Palgrave MacMillan, pp. .
- Nachmias S; Kyriakidou N (2007) Golfing Tourism and its Benefits towards Greek Tourism Industry. In: Kefalaki M; Papanikos G Essays on Tourism Research. Athens, Greece: ATINER, pp. 219-230.
- Kyriakidou N (2006) Graduate Employment in the Greek Labour Market. In: International Issues on Business and Management Challenges. Athens, Greece: ATINER, pp. .
- Kyriakidou N (2006) Higher Education and Greek Labour Market Linkages: A Manager's Perspective. In: Small and Medium Sized Enterprizes: Business Aspects. Athens, Greece: ATINER, pp. .
Conference proceedings (peer reviewed) (9)
- Younes A; Stewart J; Kyriakidou N (2014) MTDP needs assessment in Libya: a case of international and joint venture organisation. In: . : Inderscience Publishers, pp. 296-296.
- Kyriakidou N; Lampadarios E (2014) EVALUATING THE INTERNATIONALISATION PROCESS OF SMES IN THE UK CHEMICAL DISTRIBUTION INDUSTRY: THE CASE STUDY OF A MEDIUM-SIZED CHEMICAL DISTRIBUTION COMPANY. In: 7th Annual Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business Kristiansand, Norway 18/09/2014 00:00:00. : EuroMed Press, pp. 2133-2135.
View Repository Record
- Younes AM; Stewart J; Kyriakidou N (2013) MANAGEMENT TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES NEEDS ASSESSMENT (MTDPNA) IN NON-OIL INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATIONS IN LIBYA. In: . : , pp. 1658-1675.
- Kyriakidou N; Mahtab N; Shakiya N (2013) TRANSNATIONAL EDUCATION AND CROSS CULTURAL TRAINING: A CASE STUDY OF A BUSINESS SCHOOL IN THE UK. In: . : , pp. 1795-1796.
- Kyriakidou N; Stewart J; Anita BP (2013) EMPIRICAL STUDY FINDINGS OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE ADAPTATION OF THE INDIAN BUSINESS PROCESSING AGENTS AND EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AT A TRANSNATIONAL WORK PLACE. In: . : , pp. 1332-1345.
- Kyriakidou N; Bobate A; Stewart J (2013) Indian Business Processing Agents and Effective Communication at a Transnational Workplace. In: Confronting Contemporary Business Challenges Through Management Innovation Estoril, Norway 23/09/2013 00:00:00. : EuroMed Press, pp. .
- Constantinou A; Kyriakidou N; Michailides M (2012) Factors Influencing Student Choices for Higher Education Programs: The Role of Career Guidance. In: 5th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation (ICERI2012) Madrid,Spain 19/11/2012 00:00:00. : , pp. .
- Constantinou A; Michailidou M; Kyriakidou N (2012) Career Guidance: A Study Of Factors That Influence Students' Choices For Undergraduate Studies. In: IAEVG International Conference: Career Guidance for Social Justice, Prosperity and Sustainable Employment - Challenges for the 21st Century 03/10/2012 00:00:00. University of Applied Labour Studies, Mannheim, GER: , pp. .
- Kyriakidou N; Pierrakos G (2009) Evaluation of Lifelong Vocational Training Centres in Health Sector in Greece. In: 10th International Conference on Human Resource Development Research and Practice across Europe Newcastle Business School, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne UK 10/06/2009 00:00:00. : , pp. .
- Nabi G; Holden R; Jameson S; Kyriakidou N; Harte V (2006) Career Making: Graduating into Self-employment. National Council for Graduate Entrepreneurship.