At Leeds Beckett University, we are strongly equipped to be responsive to acoustic challenges in the buildings and environment field. Tim South and Stephen Mole have been providing consultancy services to business for over 20 years in the following specialist areas:
- Assessment of Workplace Noise Exposure
- Management of Hand-arm Vibration Exposure
- Sound Insulation in Buildings
- Acoustic Design of Buildings
- Acoustics of Small Auditoriums
- Control of Environmental Noise
- Measurement of Sound Power Level
We have the most comprehensive acoustic facilities in the region, which include specialist acoustic laboratories and up-to-date measuring equipment. We have, for many years, been accredited by the Institute of Acoustics to deliver courses for their qualifications, and our consultancy services are managed by corporate members of the Institute.
Clients vary from manufacturing, construction, building design, local authorities and emergency services. We are also in a position to provide a specialist capability to support the work of generic Health & Safety and Environmental consultants.
Examples of clients we have worked for previously include:
- Social Housing providers
- Large and small construction firms
- Planning consultants
- Environmental consultants
- Manufacturing industry
If you have a specific project you would like to discuss or, for general information about our consultancy services please contact the University Enterprise office on 0113 81 21904.