There is a range of IT support available to help increase your confidence when using the Microsoft Office 365 suite.
Whether you have a specific IT challenge, need help with a particular task or just want to learn more about the functionality of the various Office programmes, these online options are there for you. Training can be held remotely through Skype for Business.
IT Services have created a dedicated 'Working From Home' webpage that has detailed information about what colleagues can do to prepare for working remotely and what kind of setup they might need depending on their roles. The 'Working from Home' page will be continually updated with new information as it becomes available so we recommend bookmarking it.
As IT sessions can be run virtually, Microsoft Office Group Sessions and One to One Sessions can still be arranged to support you and your team when working from home. Further information on these can be found on this webpage, just below the Further Resources list.
Microsoft Teams Resources – A dedicated MS Teams webpage has now been created to provide an overview of the training resources that are available across the University to help colleagues become comfortable and proficient in using the MS Teams toolset. This includes -
- Webinar sessions - 2 90-minute webinar sessions available to introduce you to Microsoft Teams. For further information and to book visit our Leading Self webpage.
- Full Microsoft Teams Guide
- A guide to running a meeting in MS Teams
- Microsoft Office Training Centre – Microsoft Teams help & learning
- Microsoft Educator Community - Collaborate faster using Microsoft Team for higher education staff
- Distance Learning have gathered and developed a growing collection of useful resources and guides to help you get started with MS Teams
Skype for Business Resources -
- Leeds Beckett Skype for Business webpage- including details of the top features, a range of how to guides and videos and set up advice
- Full Skype for Business Guide
- Microsoft Office Training Centre - Further Skype for Business help and learning
Remote Working Resources –
- IT Self Service Portal
- Microsoft Checklist- Remote Working Checklist
- Microsoft Resource - Staying productive while working remotely with Microsoft Teams
- Jisc Resource - Experiences of working from home
- LinkedIn Learning Resources– New to working remotely
- To access your home and shared network drives remotely use Webfiles, our University's online file storage solution. More information on this can be found via the Knowledge Bank in IT Self Service Portal, article number 10741.
Academic Continuity Webpage - this web page provides guides around putting teaching online. This page will be updated regularly by IT Services, working in conjunction with colleagues in Libraries and Learning Innovation and CLT
Our Wellbeing webpages also offer advice and support for protecting our wellbeing whilst working from home.
Microsoft Office Group Sessions
IT support sessions can be arranged and delivered for either a whole team or to colleagues in specific roles as requested. These sessions, which would typically be funded locally, can be tailored to meet the needs of the group and provide a more focused environment to work on specific shared examples, which can be difficult to achieve in a mixed open session.
These sessions can be used to explore particular tasks, discuss queries with a trainer or work through general learning resources relating to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Outlook (email and calendar management), Skype4Business and Office 365 (including OneNote, OneDrive and Teams). Our external IT facilitators, Happy, will work closely with you to ensure the session meets the needs of the group.
To support learning these sessions work best for groups of up to 8, with 10 being the maximum group for a single session. The sessions can take place virtually.
Microsoft Office One to One Session
You can access individual one to one sessions lasting from 30 to 60 minutes, to work on any Microsoft Office topic/issue of your choice. These sessions will be arranged by our IT trainer at a time to suit both of you. As these will be provided via Skype for Business they can be accessed remotely. The sessions are ideal if you have a specific issue that you would like to address or a task that you would like to make as efficient as possible.
Your trainer will ask for information from you ahead of the session to find out what you'd like to cover to ensure you get the most out of the session.
These sessions are delivered by our external IT facilitators, Happy IT. To arrange a one to one session on a topic/issue of your choice please contact Happy directly at: Rachael@happy.co.uk and Ben@happy.co.uk
There are lots of online resources available to support you with using Microsoft Office 365. These easily accessible self-help pages can be useful for on the go learning needs and followed at your own pace.
- Microsoft Office Training Centre – Help and support covering the full Microsoft Office Suite, including training resources, top tips, templates and videos.
- Microsoft Educator Community Learn new skills, discover courses, webinars and quick tip videos and gain badges and certificates to showcase your expertise.
- Skype for Business – Support with the features and set up of Skype for Business, including ‘how to’ guides and videos.
- Microsoft Office 365 – Information on what Office 365 is and what is available as part of your Office 365 account.
- IT Self Service Portal – As well as reporting an issue, making a request and tracking your open tickets, the portal can be used to answer your IT related questions and access knowledge articles, FAQs and other resources to help you to get the most from University IT.
- IT Service Desk - Our IT Service Desk is where you can get friendly and helpful advice, information and support for your IT questions and problems. The Service Desk are also able to offer drop in surgeries upon request. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: 0113 812 2222, Twitter: @Beckett_IT, Monday – Friday 8:30-17:00
- LBU Branded Templates - A range of University branded templates have been developed and are available for download, including Powerpoint slides, document cover pages and posters.