Visiting Scholar Programme
Visiting Scholar Scheme
The School of Events, Tourism and Hospitality Management welcomes academic visitors from across the globe whose stay will be of mutual research benefit to the individual and to the School.
The Visiting Scholar Scheme is open to academic staff employed at universities other than those at Leeds Beckett University (LBU). It is not open to graduate students or recently completed PhD students at LBU.
Successful applicants will be those who can demonstrate:
- The support of a member of academic staff (the 'host'). Candidates are, therefore, invited to contact our staff informally before applying;
- The value of their visit, both for themselves and for the School.
The Visiting Scholar is expected to engage in one or more of the following activities:
- Collaboration on research projects with staff members;
- Research seminars for both faculty and students;
- Sector networking;
- Partnering on grant applications;
- Other research/teaching activities agreed between the school and the visitor.
In return, we will offer
- Work space during your stay;
- The opportunity to join a stimulating environment;
- Major travel costs (e.g. flights but not minor disbursements such as public transport or meals when you are here), accommodation and, depending on the level of collaboration with a staff member, research expenses;
We intend to host at least one visitor each year for up to two weeks.
If you are interested in joining us as a Visiting Scholar by all means email Professor Rhodri Thomas to arrange an informal discussion. Alternatively, you may send us the following:
- A current Curriculum Vitae;
- The period in which you would like to visit;
- A description of the planned activities and expected outcomes.
Once you have submitted these documents you will receive notification from our Centre within 3 - 4 business weeks.
Professor Rhodri Thomas
Dean of School