Dr Razaq Raj
About Dr Razaq Raj
Dr Razaq Raj is Principal Lecturer for Research and Enterprise in Leeds Business School.
Dr Razaq Raj is an internationally renowned academic has an extensive experience in teaching, research, leadership and Managements in UK, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Germany, China and South Korea. He has substantial external examining and curriculum development experience of both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in business management, events and tourism. He is Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) Reviewer assigned with monitoring and advising on standards and quality in UK higher education.
He is founding co-editor of the International Journal Religious Tourism and Pilgrimage and Series Editor, CABI Religious Tourism & Pilgrimage Book Series and Co-Editor in Chief International Journal of Islands Research.
- International Busines
- Strategic Management
- Islamic Ethics at Work Place
- Islamic Finance
- Events and festivals development and management in the local community
- Sustainable development approaches
- Entrepreneurial Legacies of the Carnivals
- Impacts of festivals on Black and ethnic minority businesses
I am an active researcher with a significant and sustained track record of high quality research publications since 2000. My research publications (2000-2020) in refereed journals, conference papers, editorial reviewerships and peer reviewed journals in my CV (attached). My research publications include local, national and international joint and sole authorship.
Journal articles (7)
- Griffin K; Raj R (2013), Not Losing the 'Pilgrimage' in the Pilgrimage Tourism Experience
- Griffin K; Raj R (2013), Not Losing the 'Pilgrimage' in the Pilgrimage Tourism Experience: Introduction
- Raj R; Griffin K (2012), Special Issue on Enhancing the Religious Tourism Experience
- Raj R (2012), Visitors experience of travel to the City of Heaven (Madinah)
- Raj R; Rashid T (2011), Visitors Experiences of Travel to the City of Heaven (Madinah)
- Raj R; Rashid T (2011), Visitors experience of travel to the city of heaven (Madinah)
- Raj R; Vignali C (2010), Creating Local Experiences of Cultural Tourism through Sustainable Festivals