About Glenn Bowdin
Glenn Bowdin is Principal Lecturer in Events Management within the UK Centre for Events Management. His academic qualifications include an MPhil, which focussed on the evaluation of quality costs, a topic which he is currently picking up in pursuit of a PhD. Glenn regularly presents at national and international conferences.
He is an Executive Committee Member, and former Chair, of AEME (Association for Events Management Education), Chartered Member of the International EMBOK Executive and on the editorial boards of Event Management and Journal of Convention and Event Tourism. Glenn led the development of the events benchmarks in the QAA (2008) Hospitality, Leisure, Sport and Tourism benchmark statements and has a range of external examiner and approval event experience in the UK and overseas.
He co-authored Events Management (3rd edition, 2011), recently co-edited (with Rhodri Thomas) a special issue of the journal Event Management and is co-Series Editor of the Routledge Events Management Series. Glenn is a member of Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and the Institute of Hospitality.
- BA(Hons) Events Management
BSc(Hons) Events Management
- Individual Project
- MSc Events Management
MSc International Events Management
MSc Sports Events Management
- Masters Research Project
Glenn's current research interests are in the areas of impacts, quality and quality costing of events, events management and research available for the UK events industry.
Journal articles (3)
- Thomas R; Bowdin G (2012), Events Management Research: State of the art
- Williams M; Bowdin GAJ (2007), Festival evaluation: An exploration of seven UK arts festivals
- Silvers JR; Bowdin GAJ; O'Toole WJ; Nelson KB (2006), Towards an international event management body of knowledge (EMBOK)
- Bowdin G; Allen J; Harris R; McDonnell I; O'Toole W (2011) Events Management. 3rd Routledge.
Conference contributions (6)
- Thomas R; Bowdin GAJ; McElhinney S; Bell S (2009) Professionalism and Professionalisation in the Events and Festivals Sector University of Huddersfield, Huddersfield .
- Bowdin GAJ (2007) Analysing research in event management: a content analysis Bournemouth University, Bournemouth, UK 10/01/2007.
- Bowdin GAJ; Thomas R; Wood EH; Robinson L (2007) The Contribution of Community Festivals and Events to the Local Area and the Welsh Economy Bournemouth University, Bournemouth 10/01/2007.
- Bowdin GAJ (2006) Defining Events, Developing Education, Exploring Possibilities IMEX, Messe Frankfurt, Germany .
- Bowdin GAJ (2006) Identifying and Analysing Existing Research Undertaken in the Events Industry Institute of Commonwealth Studies, London .
- Thomas R; Wood EH; Bowdin GAJ; Robinson L (2006) The Contribution of Community Festivals and Events to the Local Areas and the Welsh Economy Wales .
- Bowdin GAJ (2003), Events Management Resource Guide
- Li S; Bowdin G; Heslington E; Jones S; Mulligan J; Tara-Lunga M-O; Tauxe C; Thomas R; Wu P-Y (2013) The Economic Impact of the UK Meeting & Event Industry. Meeting Professionals International.