Keep on track in Semester Two
Whether you've made it through your first semester at university or are halfway through your course, make sure you are ready to deal with any possible 'potholes' along the way.
Things you've probably already done but just in case...
The Library and Student Advice have some top tips to help you keep on track in semester two:
- Develop your academic skills: sign up to a Skills for Learning workshop via MyHub – sessions include statistics, academic writing and referencing.
- Use the subject guides created by your Academic Librarian to find specialist resources for your course and support in finding and using information for your assignments.
- Make use of the IT packages available: from Office 365 to Adobe to SPSS there's free software available to help you make the most of your studies. Ask the Library if you need help.
- Reach out for help with any personal issues: the Student Advice Hubs are a great place to start and the Students’ Union Advice Service also offers confidential and independent free help and advice.
- Look after your wellbeing and mental and physical health: make time to relax during your studies and ask for help if you need support or you’re concerned about someone else.
- Keep your money in check: be sure to budget and get extra support if you need it from the Money Advice Team.