- BUSINESS SERVICES
- Develop your business
- Develop your people
- Access new talent and skills
- Use our spaces and facilities
- Connect with us
- Our work in the region
Innovate UK Smart Grants
Access a share of up to £25m for game-changing and commercially viable research and development innovation that can significantly impact the UK economy.
At Leeds Beckett University, we can collaborate with you as a project partner on a Smart Grant-funded project.
Innovate UK supports UK businesses of all sizes in all sectors to build new collaborations, develop new approaches and take advantage of the latest research, helping them to innovate and grow.
Smart Grant applications can come from any area of technology and be applied to any part of the economy, such as, but not exclusively:
- The arts, design and media
- Creative industries
- Science or engineering
Funding is available for individual project costs of between £25,000 and £500,000 for projects of six to 18 months’ duration – and between £25,000 and £2m for projects of 19 to 36 months’ duration.
Innovate UK funding enables businesses to:
- Generate new knowledge, expand capability and foster a culture of innovation
- Drive competitive advantage through accelerated innovation and the possibility of creating Intellectual Property
- Gain privileged and cost-effective access to the UK’s world-class knowledge base and resources
- Increase revenue / profits through access to new markets, new product development, increased productivity and better processes
Between 2007 and 2021, Innovate UK invested around £2.5bn to help businesses across the country to innovate, with match funding from industry taking the total value of projects above £4.3bn.
They helped 8,500 organisations create around 70,000 jobs and added an estimated £18bn of value to the UK economy.
At Leeds Beckett University, our team has a strong track record of successful Innovate UK funding bids in collaboration with our business partners – and our academics have extensive experience in leading Innovate UK and knowledge exchange projects with businesses of all sizes across multiple sectors.
Innovate UK run regular Innovation competitions featuring specific funding opportunities (including Smart Grants) which businesses of all sizes, across all sectors and UK regions, can apply for in partnership with a university.