- BUSINESS SERVICES
- Develop your business
- Develop your people
- Access new talent and skills
- Use our spaces and facilities
- Connect with us
- Our work in the region
Join the Compete In project and be part of a European-wide collaboration to help small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to go global.
Compete In aims to improve and strengthen the support available to SMEs wanting to reach international markets.
The project is investigating best practice across Europe. Innovative and long-term solutions will be embedded in regional strategic policies – with the aim of supporting improved structure and business support in those regions.
Project partners from Italy, Spain, Sweden and the UK are working together on this project, which aims to support SMEs to internationalise, innovate and grow.
These examples of best practices will develop into concrete actions and recommendations to local policymakers and stakeholders. Compete In aims to identify the common factors that make these programmes successful, and the ways in which they support SME businesses to internationalise in their regions.
The programme runs from 1 October 2021 to 30 September 2022.
The key objective of Compete In is to unlock the growth potential of SMEs by improving awareness of, and access to, international markets and the value these relationships add to SME growth.
By taking part, you will have:
- The opportunity to join a strong cohort of businesses accessing advice, expert mentoring, events and seminars
- Access to a collaboration of key providers who will offer a joined-up approach to help you break down barriers to trade beyond the UK
- Targeted help according to your SME’s internationalisation needs