Award certificates

Page last updated:
14 Jul 2023

Once you’ve completed your studies at Leeds Beckett you’ll be issued with an official degree certificate and diploma supplement. On this page you’ll find information about awards, including how to apply for replacement documents.

You’ll also find information about the verification services we offer, including information for third parties and employers.

If you are due to receive an award, please make sure that we have your current permanent address where you wish your certificate to be posted to. You can update your address on your student account or alternatively contact your course administrator.

Your certificate

You will receive your certificate by standard post to your recorded permanent home address within six weeks of your results being confirmed by the exam boards.

It is important that you keep your address details up to date as a charge of £60 will be payable should a replacement be needed as a result of failing to update your address details.

If you have an outstanding debt related to your course, your certificate will be withheld until this has been cleared.

If you have not received your certificate within the timescales described above, please contact Graduates should contact us within 18 months of being awarded if the certificate has not been received.

After 18 months has passed, the replacement fee of £60 will apply.

The name that appears on your award certificate will be the name held on our records at the time of the final recommendation of your award (Academic Regulations 18.15.1). Changes can only be made where an administrative error has occurred or where our university is required to make a retrospective change under the provisions of the Gender Recognition Act 2004.

Students must ensure the correct and full name is updated prior to being awarded. Missing middle names or abbreviated names will appear or be missing on the certificate depending on the name used at enrolment stage. To check the name we hold for you on our student record system you can visit MyBeckett or Online Welcome. To update / amend your name please contact your student administrator.

Replacement Certificates can be ordered via our Replacement certificates page.

The Diploma Supplement provides additional details relating to successfully completed higher education qualifications and outlines institutional details, course content, type of study, modules covered and skills required to complete the programme. In addition, it contextualises the qualification in relation to its national education system which may be useful to international employers.

The Diploma Supplement is available to you if you gained an award from 2005 onwards. We are unable to produce Diploma Supplements for students awarded before 2005.

If you graduated in or after the 2002/03 academic year, the Student Advice team can produce a transcript document listing the grades received for individual modules. You can find out more about the information a transcript includes and purchase via our Transcripts page.

If you graduated prior to 2002/03 there is a separate page with information on letters of verification for students.

Our university does not keep electronic copies of certificates. If you require authenticated copies, please scan your certificate and email to

An official, stamped copy can then be emailed back to you or up to five copies posted to a chosen address. There is no charge for this service.

  • References and verifications for employers and third parties
  • Please note that the Registration and Awards team does not directly provide references. Personal and academic references should be forwarded directly to the referee or course administration team where possible. This is a list of contact details for the schools within our university
  • If there is no named referee / contact, requests can be forwarded to, including the full name the candidate studied under, course studied and date of birth. Your query will then be forwarded to the relevant course administration team, copying you in

Looking for something else?

There's lots of helpful advice and guidance on our student information pages. Try searching if you know what you're looking for or if you're not sure where to go, you can browse our A-Z.