The Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools, exists to strengthen the mental health of the next generation by supporting schools to make a positive change at all levels of the UK's education system, hereby improving outcomes and life chances. This initiative, being led by Carnegie School of Education and Minds Ahead CIC, is focused on evidence-based solutions which address schools', pupils and parents/carers needs; the development of a professional community of school mental health experts; and leading innovation within the area.
We work with schools, organisations and professionals committed to ensuring that mental health difficulties do not limit success at school and beyond. We seek partnerships and collaborations to drive forward this agenda.
Our work focusses on:
- Providing support and guidance for schools, including professional development for staff working in schools.
- Annual conference to profile innovative and proven work, deepen understanding and support the link between policy and practice. This year the theme is ‘Creating positive mental health and wellbeing in schools from the inside out'.
- A School Mental Health Award to evidence and show effectiveness and impact of a whole school approach to Mental Health.
- Research to ensure that interventions are evidence-based and that we'll produce best practice publications. Take a look at our latest Working Paper Series.
- Collaboration with strategic partners to develop provision and support for schools.
The Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools values the opportunity of working together. Our aim is to collaborate with other organisations, to develop new projects and initiatives, shape and inform policies, share ideas and knowledge and signpost outstanding provision. Our vision is to be stronger together. Contact us: T: 0113 8127540 E: SchoolMH@leedsbeckett.ac.uk Twitter @Schoolmhealth @schoolmhaward