LEEDS BECKETT UNIVERSITY
Clearing 2019 is now closed
Clearing is a final opportunity for applicants to secure a university place each year.
Anyone who applies after 30 June will automatically be entered into Clearing.
You can apply to Leeds Beckett via Clearing:
- If you haven't yet applied to a university.
- If you haven't received or aren't holding any offers.
- If you haven't met the entry requirements needed by your chosen university.
Clearing is a part of the UCAS university application process.
It gives applicants without a university place another chance of finding a suitable and available course at university.
Your next steps
- For A level students a key milestone is results day: Thursday 15 August.
- We accept a range of BTEC and other qualifications. Use our UCAS points calculator to work out your tariff points or call us now on 0113 812 3113 to talk to us about securing a place at Leeds Beckett University.
- If you're eligible for Clearing, it will say on your UCAS Track status. That's also where you will find your Clearing Number (located on the welcome and choices pages), which we will need to access your application.
- Once you have your results, if you are not sure what your options are, have a look at our FAQs.
If you have yet to apply
If you have not applied for a university place yet, don't worry, you can apply via UCAS now and you will be entered into Clearing automatically. Look at our online prospectus for courses available. If you are not sure whether you have the grades to apply, check our tariff calculator. You can also phone us on 0113 812 3113 to discuss your options.
If you want to apply for student finance but haven't yet, you need to apply as soon as possible at www.gov.uk/studentfinance.
If you have already applied
If you have achieved your predicted grades, congratulations! All you need to do now is accept your offer via UCAS Track.
If Leeds Beckett is your Insurance choice and you would like to come here instead of your Firm choice, please call us first to confirm that we have a place available for you. You must then contact your Firm offer institution and ask to be released into Clearing.
If your results are better than expected
Are your results better than expected? We would welcome your application as many courses have places available for high-achieving applicants. You might be eligible to register for 'Adjustment', which you can access via your UCAS Track account. This scheme provides an opportunity to reconsider where and what to study. Before referring yourself via UCAS, please call us to discuss your options on 0113 812 3113. We would be more than happy to talk to you.
If your results are not what you hoped for
If you didn't get the grades you hoped for, please call us on 0113 812 3113 for advice as you could still secure a place here. The entry requirements for all courses include GCSE English Language and most will ask for Maths at grade C or above. If you don't have these, we accept alternative equivalents. Please check our online prospectus for more details.
Other things to consider
Once you have an offer from us you will need to consider where you are going to be living. Please call our Accommodation Team on 0113 812 5972, they will be happy to help.
If you have previously applied for a student loan against a course at another institution, you need to change your student finance application to Leeds Beckett University before you arrive and enrol on your course. You may otherwise face delays in the payment of maintenance and tuition fee loans from the Student Loans Company.
Talk to us
If you have questions about applying through Clearing, our friendly and knowledgeable staff are on hand to give you all the help and advice you need to choose the right course for you.
Call us now on 0113 812 3113 to discuss your options.
LOOKING FOR MORE
Give us a call:0113 812 3113