The Practice Learning Team manages professional placements and work-based learning for health and social care courses within the School of Health and Leeds School of Social Sciences.
We provide clear and effective processes to support practice learning and to manage the quality of the student's placement experience. We source and allocate up to 3500 placements annually in the NHS, local authorities, and private, independent and voluntary organisations.
What we do:
- Provide support and guidance for our academic groups who are developing placement partnerships with new and emerging employers
- Provide training across all professions for practice educators to enable them to provide effective support for our students in practice
- Manage stakeholder events and practice networks for each professional group
- Support our students in sourcing and applying for placement opportunities
- Manage access to online assessment processes and resources for students on placement, and our practice educators
- Manage data and knowledge transfers to Health Education England and other local universities to facilitate capacity initiatives and allocation processes across health professions
In these pages you'll find helpful resources, guidance and contact information.
Meet your Practice Learning Team
If you need any further information regarding placements you can speak to one of our team. They are usually available:
- Monday to Thursday 08:30 - 17:00
- Friday 08:30 - 16:00
- Youth and Community
- Sports and Exercise Therapy;
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
- Speech and Language Therapy
We work in partnerships with other HEIs, Health Education England, professional, regulatory and statutory bodies, public health, social care, and private, independent and voluntary organisations. Together we aim to foster best practice in placement learning.