online practice assessment record and evaluation (pare)
PARE is the online, cloud-based platform that is used across Leeds (and many other locations across the country) for clinical placement quality assurance. You must have a PARE profile if you are a Practice Supervisor, Practice Assessor, Practice Educator or in an Education Lead role for a placement area.
The support resources on the PARE website include guidance beyond the functions we use in Leeds. With this in mind, we have created resources to support you in using PARE as a Leeds-based-placement team member.
September 2021 is PARE launch month! We will be promoting the use of PARE through:
- Padlet- the easy to use e-pinboard for discussions/Q&A.
- Engagement events on Twitter (@CPEPLeeds, #LeedsPARE)
- Website resources available here.
Visit the Online Practice Assessment Record & Evaluation (PARE) website
FAQs - Practice Assessment Record & Evaluation (PARE)
The online, cloud-based platform accessed by students, Universities and staff from all clinical placement areas across all professions.
In Leeds we use PARE to:
- keep a record all clinical placements, which students can access for useful information prior to starting placement
- record the training Practice Assessors/Practice Supervisors/Practice Educators have undertaken in order to meet the NMC/HCPC requirements to be suitably prepared to support students
- You need a PARE profile to be given access to your students PAD (Practice Assessment document)
- record educational audits
- invite students to leave evaluations of placements
Not currently. This function is available on the website but currently in Leeds we use Pebble PAD to record Nursing assessments and bespoke online platforms for AHP’s. Some of our AHPs are moving to PARE-based assessment documentation in the 21/22 academic year - communication will follow.
Nurses will be sent a Pebble PAD login when their student grants them access: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have completed relevant training, the person with Education Lead PARE access to your placement area, can create your account.
Once your profile is created an email is auto-generated - it may have gone to your Junk mailbox.
This is your registered email address.
Yes, you can access the website from any internet enabled device, including smart phones, tablets, laptops and desktops.
If your organisation has a firewall blocking access to the site contact PARE: email@example.com
The PARE website is highly secure, using industry-leading technology to keep data safe. It is hosted on UKFast - a server managed and operated in an ISO-accredited data centre located in Manchester.
- Activate your account (the initial email may be in your Junk folder)
- Make a self-declaration to record the training you have undertaken in order to support students
- Complete then record your Practice Assessor/Supervisor/Educator updates
- Ensure your email address is correct - this is essential so that students can share their PAD with you
- Ensure your individual profile is up to date and if you are an NMC/HCPC registrant, make a self-declaration
- Maintain the clinical placement profile. This can be edited as required should changes occur within the service. Students appreciate this overview of the placement once it is allocated to them.
- Read student evaluations and provide feedback to the team as they do not have access to these. You may want to create action plans in response to aspects of evaluations. Your PLF can support you in this.
- Take part in the Educational Audit when contacted by the liaison lecturer/PLF. This is recorded on PARE.
If it is in the same organisation, the Education Lead in the area you leave can ‘revoke access’ to their placement profile and the Ed Lead in the new area can search the educator register and add you to their placement profile.
If you move organisations you will need to email PARE so they can move your profile. firstname.lastname@example.org
- PPU website contains resources including a video and ‘how to’ guides for the functions of PARE we use in Leeds
- The PARE website has user guides and videos guides throughout the website. The following guides are from the PARE website (caution - they contain instruction on using functions of PARE we do not currently use in Leeds)
- For technical support, you can contact PARE on email@example.com
- Your Practice Learning Facilitator (PLF) or Learning and Development team for your organisation can provide support - email the contact for your organisation:
- Leeds Community Health - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leeds Primary Care - email@example.com
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust - email@example.com
- All others (Private/Independent/Voluntary organisations and other NHS services) - firstname.lastname@example.org