To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video


Replacement Certificates

How to Order a Replacement Certificate

Your certificate is an original document and can only be replaced if lost, destroyed or stolen.
Please note that, there can only be one copy in circulation and the replacement will void the original, and the University does not keep electronic copies that can be emailed to you.

Also, the replacement will take the current certificate format.

The method for obtaining a replacement depends on the type of award and the year you received it, please refer to the headings below before placing your order:

Ordering Replacement Certificates awarded after 1992

The cost for a replacement certificate is £60, and they can be ordered from the University using the following process: 

  1. To make payment use the online store here - you will then be emailed a receipt for the purchase
  2. Then, print, read and fill out this form, signing by hand: Replacement degree certificate form

  3. Scan the completed form as well as a form of photo ID - attach these to the receipt email and forward them to us at

Applications can take up to three weeks to process in busy periods.

Please note that documents will be posted via Royal Mail. If you would like to arrange a courier instead, indicate this when you email your application form and we will notify you when your documents are ready for collection by them. Alternatively, you can collect the documents from our office, or arrange for someone to collect them on your behalf.

Replacement Certificates awarded prior to 1992 (Leeds Polytechnic awards)

Most Leeds Polytechnic awards prior to October 1992 were conferred by the Council for National Academic Awards (CNAA). Requests for replacement CNAA certificates should be made directly to the Open University who now hold CNAA records:

It is recommended that you contact to confirm if you are unsure who conferred the award.

Replacement HND/HNC Certificates

  • For replacement BTEC awards issued after 1994 please use the purchase and application process above.
  • For replacement EDEXCEL/ BTEC HNC/HND awards prior to 1994 please contact Pearson Qualifications, who were the awarding body at the time.


Back to Top Button