How to Order a Replacement Certificate
Also, the replacement will take the current certificate format.
The method for obtaining a replacement depends on the type of award and the year you received it, please refer to the headings below before placing your order:
Ordering Replacement Certificates awarded after 1992
The cost for a replacement certificate is £60, and they can be ordered from the University using the following process:
- To make payment use the online store here - you will then be emailed a receipt for the purchase
Then, print, read and fill out this form, signing by hand: Replacement degree certificate form
Scan the completed form as well as a form of photo ID - attach these to the receipt email and forward them to us at email@example.com
Applications can take up to three weeks to process in busy periods.
Please note that documents will be posted via Royal Mail. If you would like to arrange a courier instead, indicate this when you email your application form and we will notify you when your documents are ready for collection by them. Alternatively, you can collect the documents from our office, or arrange for someone to collect them on your behalf.
Replacement Certificates awarded prior to 1992 (Leeds Polytechnic awards)
Most Leeds Polytechnic awards prior to October 1992 were conferred by the Council for National Academic Awards (CNAA). Requests for replacement CNAA certificates should be made directly to the Open University who now hold CNAA records:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1908 332851/332852
It is recommended that you contact email@example.com to confirm if you are unsure who conferred the award.
Replacement HND/HNC Certificates
- For replacement BTEC awards issued after 1994 please use the purchase and application process above.
- For replacement EDEXCEL/ BTEC HNC/HND awards prior to 1994 please contact Pearson Qualifications, who were the awarding body at the time.