- Located at Headingley Campus, our university's hub for sports activity
- Indoor and outdoor pitches, with a total of 12 on-site courts
- Court divider curtains
- Small viewing gallery
- Coach education classroom
- Qualified coaches available to coach individual or group lessons
- Onsite parking
Our university has gained an exceptionally high reputation for Tennis.
The ethos of the centre is to develop players and coaches within a holistic training environment.
Programmes are available for juniors, students, staff, community, players with disabilities and provides a great mentoring for anyone wishing to join the tennis volunteer and coach education programmes.
Additionally, since 1999, our university has been privileged to have had players and staff, whom have represented their Country at the BUCS World Student Games, BUCS BNP Paribas Event, BUCS All England Match, Junior Wimbledon, Deaflympics and Internationally on the Wheelchair Tour.
The facilities include 4 Indoor Acrylic, 4 Outdoor Clay and 4 Outdoor All weather courts, situated at the Headingley Campus.
Every booking provides 60 minutes of playing time and rackets can be hired at reception.
If you wish to book a tennis court please contact our Athletics Union, either by email: email@example.com: or on the phone: 01138123160.
Our University is a partner of the Tennis Foundation, creating opportunity for players with disabilities. It is a major partner in the Leeds Disability Network and currently trains GB Performance Wheelchair player (Ed Holt). A previous student of the university includes Catherine Fletcher (GB Deaflympian – Gold & current GB National Deaf Coach).
Weekly sessions include:
- Mondays 5pm – 6pm – Wheelchair session - £3 per session
- Thursdays 1pm – 2pm – Wheelchair session - £3 per session
- Tuesday 12pm – 1pm - Downs Syndrome Session
There are also many opportunities for students including coaching and playing scholarships. Our university is the only UK university which is an accredited LTA Coach Education Centre, and scholarships are available for students to gain coaching qualifications and join a mentored programme.
Students have the opportunity of gaining experience coaching players from the development and performance programme, linking in with the local tennis clubs and coaching on the Leeds Love Park programme. Coaching Scholarships are available for students holding a L1 – L3 award and Senior Coaching Scholarships for students holding a L3 award. Coaching Scholars also have the opportunity to play for the university and join the playing programme.
Our university has a high reputation for supporting Tennis in the higher education sector, creating opportunities to combine education with tennis, whilst continuing to play or develop as a coach, within a fully mentored, integrated and supportive environment. Graduate Students have gained careers in Tennis in general tennis coaching, performance coaching, Head Coaching Positions, County Administers, National Performance Coaches and many linked into Sport Science and marketing careers. Our university is also the only university to be an accredited LTA/ Skillsactive Coach Education Centre in the UK, focusing on:
- Providing LTA coaching qualifications (L1 & L2) at Our University and throughout Yorkshire
- Tutoring Level 3 and Level 4 courses at Leeds Beckett University
- Providing a range of LTA CPD and CPD written by Leeds Beckett
- Provide a coach mentorship programme for students – Volunteers / Coaching Scholarships / Senior Coaching Scholarships / Student Tennis Ambassador / University Tennis Co-ordinator
join our tennis club
Leeds Beckett boasts one of the top university tennis programmes in the UK. With 11 teams and 2 development squads the tennis club are regularly the highest BUCS points-earning programme in the university.