- TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Excellent academic practice
- Your development
- Help and support
mybeckett | Step by step guides for staff
MyBeckett is our University Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and Portal powered by Blackboard. It allows staff and students to access a range of systems, services, module teaching materials, online assessments and feedback tools.
It's customised by the Digital Learning Service, based on student and staff feedback. Students and staff see relevant, personalised content when they log in. Distance Learning and some Franchise Partner students have their own personalised portal view.
Support, training and guides
Our team offer staff support and advice using the systems, our contact details are available on each guide and on our About us page (Tip: bookmark it). Our staff customised guides show you easy, recommended ways to harness MyBeckett functionality for the benefit of your students.
Staff can book on to training sessions and webinars, and self-directed learning modules:
- Eventbrite page (all our webinars on top topics)
- Self-directed Learning Modules via the All Staff Communities page under 'Enrolment Tools'
- Face to face training
- Online training
The list below contains all relevant links to our staff guides and all the functions in MyBeckett at Leeds Beckett University, if you cannot find what you are looking for, please get in touch.
- What's new, what's changed in MyBeckett plus newsletters, workarounds and troubleshooting
- Mobile Apps
Please signpost your students for support, advice and guidance in using MyBeckett and any IT related issues to the Library and Student IT Advice team.
Basics, navigation and content creation
Improving accessibility with Ally and other tools
Previous guidelines for ‘accessible design’ are now enshrined in law, with the provider organisation responsible for meeting them. JISC's practical guide to the legislation and the standards behind them. The link will open in a new window.
Communication and collaboration
Module management and student engagement
Online assessment and feedback
- Online exam / test guidance
- Create a test
- Create a test pool (bank of questions)
- Create a question set
- Edit and reuse a test
- Create a survey
- Test / survey question types
- Calculated formula questions
- Run question analysis on a test
- Respondus: Edit test / survey questions offline (and upload them to modules)
- Copy a test to another module
- Negative marking in tests
- Enterprise survey tool